Table of Contents
This recipe that I share with you today is one of cute, simple and fun cupcakes decorated for Easter, ideal to brighten the table in these days so important. To make your task easier, I included the recipes for some vanilla cupcakes and buttercream.
Last Sunday we had a family lunch at my sister's house, I thought I had gotten rid of the kitchen but nothing, in the end and at the last minute they asked me to make something for the children and I decided on the muffins, since they are so quick and easy and always seem to go well.
I wanted to do something simple but with a bit of joy and as Easter is approaching I took the opportunity to create expectations and I got to work to make these Easter cupcakes. Finally both children and adults liked them, so I thought I would share how to make them here.
Other easy-to-make cupcake recipes >> Coffee and caramel cupcakes
Since I didn't want to go overboard with the Easter decorations, I decorated most of them with small flowers. Although the muffins are really simple to make, if you don't have a lot of time available you can use the ones that are already sold made in the market.
Cupcakes decorated for Easter
To make this recipe I used that of vanilla cupcakes which is very easy. To make them you will need appropriate molds for muffins, muffins, cupcakes or muffins.
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams of butter
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Start by preheating the oven to 220 ° C.
- Sift the wheat flour together with the baking powder.
- In a bowl mix the vanilla essence, the two eggs and the butter. Beat very well ensuring that the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add the milk and sugar and stir.
- Start adding the flour and baking powder little by little. Stir until smooth.
- Fill the molds up to 2/3 of their capacity and take them to the oven.
- When they have been in the oven for 20 minutes, check by inserting a toothpick in the center of a muffin and if it comes out without any remaining dough, they are ready.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool until decorating.
Buttercream with vanilla
For some additional tips on how to make a buttercream with vanilla, you can refer to an article that I already published on this blog.
- 250 g of unsalted butter
- 500 g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Approx. 1 tablespoon of milk
- Cut the butter into cubes and beat in the mixer until soft.
- Add the icing sugar and beat until completely mixed. I recommend adding the sugar little by little, two tablespoons at a time, as this minimizes the amount of sugar that flies throughout the kitchen.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat until fully integrated.
- Check the consistency of the cream, is it spreadable? If not, add half a teaspoon of milk and beat again until completely mixed. Check the consistency again and repeat until it is pliable.
Decorating the cupcakes
To decorate the cupcakes I used brown and green food coloring that were not liquid to prevent the frosting from being too thin or dripping, white icing fondant, rolling pin and a cutter with flower shapes.
- Put a little buttercream in a container and add a little of the brown food coloring (start with very little and add little by little until you get the tone you want.
- Stir until the color is uniform.
- Pour it into the piping bag with a fine nozzle.
- Add the green food coloring to the rest of the buttercream and mix until the color is uniform.
- Pour it into another piping bag.
- Spread some of this green frosting on top of a muffin and spread until relatively evenly covering the surface.
- With the brown frosting form a circle in the center of the top of the cake, on top of the green frosting, give the circle 3 more turns to add a little height and make it look like a nest.
- Place 2 almond or chocolate eggs in the nest.
To make the flowers
- Unroll some of the fondant.
- With a cutter with flower shapes, cut out about 48 flowers and mark a point in the center of each one, which you can do with food coloring.
- Decorate each nest with a few flowers.
- Repeat these steps for the cupcakes that you are going to make with this decoration.
You can decorate the other cupcakes as you like, but the most important thing is to see a variety that brings joy to the table.