In today's article I share the recipe for some delicious and easy chicken dumplings. In addition to the chicken breast I used a small can of sweet corn and some diced green, red and yellow bell peppers.
There are a number of reasons I decided to use canned and frozen ingredients, the main one because they help make meals so much easier to make and therefore faster. I also don't have the patience to make my own puff pastry, so I trust the success of the recipe I buy at the supermarket.
To make these dumplings I used a little BBQ chicken I had in the fridge from a previous dinner. The peppers I usually buy 2 green, 2 red and 1 yellow, I wash them, cut them into small cubes and freeze them, so I only spend one day work and then it is only to take the amount I need and let them thaw at room temperature.
I made the dumplings square but if you want to make them triangular you will only have to cut a few larger squares, fill them and fold them in half.
The amounts of each ingredient for this recipe are only indicated as an approximate guide, as you can adapt them to your taste or needs. I also had a little filling left over and then I just mixed it with a little mayonnaise and in addition to the dumplings we had a delicious cold salad.
These delicious and easy chicken dumplings They feature cooked and shredded chicken breast, sweet corn, and diced green, red, and yellow peppers.
- 100 g cooked chicken
- 1 can of 75 g of sweet corn (can be used from frozen)
- 45 g mixed peppers (green, red and yellow)
- 100 g of cheddar cheese
- 500 g of puff pastry in sheets
- 1 egg
- A little butter to grease the tray
- A little wheat flour to sprinkle on the work surface.
- Put the oven to preheat to a temperature of 200ºC.
- Butter the baking sheet. If you want you can use the paper that the puff pastry containers bring.
- Shred the chicken into small pieces with your fingers and put it in a bowl.
- Add the sweet corn, bell peppers, and cheddar cheese.
- Stir until completely blended.
- Sprinkle the surface where you are going to work the puff pastry with flour.
- Spread the puff pastry sheets on your work surface.
- With a knife cut each sheet into 6 squares.
- Evenly divide the chicken filling in the center of 6 squares.
- Place the other 6 squares on the filling to form the dumplings.
- Seal the edges by pressing gently with a fork.
- Beat the egg.
- Place the dumplings on the greased baking sheet.
- Brush the surface of each of the dumplings with the egg.
- With a fork prick to poke a few holes in the top of each one.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once they are golden brown, remove them from the oven.
- If you're serving them hot, let them cool for a few minutes before bringing them to the table.