Today I share with you a recipe that will make your pasta dish more interesting when accompanied by a succulent chicken: it is Fusilli with chicken and barbecue sauce.
This recipe for Fusilli with Chicken and Barbecue Sauce was actually the solution I found when it came time for an emergency dinner. Whenever I have an emergency at dinner I go straight for pasta. It is quite fast, very easy and can be completed with almost anything. Also another advantage is that you can choose the type of pasta that you like the most or the one you have at home.
Luckily I had a bit of time to choose and opted for fusilli, a barbecue chicken breast and bacon. To make a barbecue sauce it only takes a few minutes and from experience I know that this combination of chicken, bacon and barbecue sauce works well, so I quickly got to work.
Barbecue sauce is not the thick, brown kind you use to dip French fries. It is a tomato-based sauce with a few hints of barbecue flavor, which is enriched with bacon.
This recipe can be easily increased if you are cooking for more people, you just have to double the ingredients. Note that it may take a little longer to reduce the sauce to the correct consistency. This sauce is also suitable for freezing, you just have to defrost it completely in the refrigerator before reheating it.
Other very easy pasta recipes to make >>5 Zoodle recipes under 400 calories
If you are preparing the sauce to use later, then I would suggest reducing its cooking by a few minutes. This way, the sauce can continue to reduce when you reheat it later. If you haven't, simply add a little water to the sauce before reheating it to prevent burning.
Fusilli with Chicken and Barbecue Sauce
- 300 g of fusilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cebolla
- 2 cans of 400 g of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large chicken breast (approximately 200 g)
- 4 slices of bacon
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil to boil the pasta.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Peel and mash the garlic.
- In a frying pan, heat half the olive oil (½ tablespoon) and add the chopped onion.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- After 5 minutes, add the garlic, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, white wine vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Simmer 25-30 minutes until liquid has reduced, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the sauce and pasta are cooking, cut the chicken breast and bacon into small pieces.
- Heat the remaining olive oil (½ tablespoon) in a skillet and add the chicken.
- Brown for a minute or so and then add the bacon.
- Cook the chicken and bacon for another 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Once the pasta, sauce, and meat have finished cooking, drain the pasta.
- Add the sauce and the meat.
- Mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- It serves.
If you liked this recipe for Fusilli with chicken and barbecue sauce, do not stop sharing it on social networks with your friends and followers.