The recipe I share in this article from puff pastry bows with cheese and Neapolitan sauce, I prepared it yesterday for some friends who came to visit and I wanted to surprise them with something different for the starter and that would serve to accompany the red wine. Besides being delicious, they are very easy and quick to make.
We always enjoy talking before meals and this time the center of the conversation was this puff pastry starter with cheese that they loved, especially for being unusual since until now I had always made the bows as a dessert with puff pastry accompanied with honey. She had made a good number of puff pastry ribbons with cheese, and not one was left in the platter.
Other recipes with puff pastry easy to make >> Braised meatloaf
In this recipe I used a bottle of Neapolitan sauce to save time, but if you have left over from a previous meal, this is a good opportunity to take advantage of it and present a different dish. If you want them to be a bit spicy you can add a few drops of Tabasco to the Neapolitan sauce.
Puff pastry bows with cheese and Neapolitan sauce
This recipe for puff pastry bows with cheese and Neapolitan sauce, it is very easy and quick to make, plus they are delicious. It is an unusual starter with which to surprise your guests and will serve wonderfully with a red wine.
- 3 packages of puff pastry sheets (usually each package has 2 sheets)
- 90 g of grated cheddar cheese
- 250 g of Neapolitan sauce
- Put the oven to preheat to a temperature of 200ºC.
- Line the baking sheet with greaseproof paper or a baking sheet of silicone.
- Place 1 sheet of puff pastry on a piece of waxed paper.
- Spread a third of the Neapolitan sauce evenly over the puff pastry.
- Evenly sprinkle a third of the grated cheddar cheese over the Neapolitan sauce.
- Cover with the second puff pastry sheet and press gently with a rolling pin, just enough to hold everything together. Don't worry if some of the stuffing comes out.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the pasta into thin strips, about 1 cm wide.
- Take a strip and holding one end firmly, twist the other end until it forms a spiral.
- Place it on the baking sheet. You should leave a space of about 2 cm between the strips, as they will expand during baking.
- Repeat these steps until all the strips are twisted and placed on the tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray for a few minutes before serving.