El Shepherd-style meatloaf o Shepherd's pie is a dish consisting of a base of chopped meat with vegetables, topped by a layer of gratin mashed potatoes.
It is very easy to do and, in addition, it is a way to take advantage of the remains of roasted mutton. So, if you still have some remains, you know what solution to give them.
Although the true Shepherd's pie or Shepherd's pie is with lamb, do not hesitate to use another type of meat such as veal. Any variant you use will be a blast.
Other recipes made with lamb >> Lamb kofta tagine and eggs
It is a very simple recipe to prepare. So do not hesitate to get to work and invite your friends and family to taste such a delicious dish.
How to prepare the shepherd-style meatloaf
- ½ kg of lamb meat
- 1 cebolla great
- 2 medium carrots
- 75 g guisantes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 hoja de laurel
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 300 ml water
- 250 ml of white wine
- 750 g of peeled potatoes
- 80 butter g
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- Chop the onion julienne and the carrot into small cubes.
- Shred the meat.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil and sauté the onion.
- Add the carrot and meat.
- Pour the wine.
- Add the cooked peas, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Rectify the salt.
- Place this mixture in the baking dish.
To prepare the topping puree
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Cook the potatoes.
- Puree them.
- Add the butter and salt.
- Cover the meat preparation with the puree.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Put it in the oven for 25 minutes or until you see that the topping is gratin.
- Serve immediately Shepherd's Pie or Shepherd's Pie.
How have you been able to see, the elaboration of the Shepherd-style meatloaf, takes two processing times. Doing it step by step will allow you to create a wonderful recipe, which will be to everyone's taste.
If you found this post interesting, Share it in the social media.