Today I bring you one of my favorite recipes, it is from one chicken bacon pizza. The crust of this pizza is soft, but crispy and covered with a tomato sauce with a slight hint of barbecue flavor, chicken, bacon and melted cheese.
A couple of days ago I made a barbecue chicken recipe. I had a bit of the chicken and sauce left over, but not enough to make pasta for everyone, so it occurred to me to use these leftovers to make a good pizza.
The tomato sauce with a touch of barbecue flavor has a much tastier flavor than if it were only tomato and the chicken already has a spectacular flavor and with the bacon they complement each other perfectly.
For the cheese I have chosen to use a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar, but you could use another type, if that is what you have at home. For simplicity, I used the already grated cheeses as it is much easier for me to spread it evenly on the pizza.
Other easy-to-make pizza recipes >> Gluten-free tuna and anchovy pizza
For the dough I'm also going to take some work off of me and use some pizza bases that I had bought at the supermarket. The truth is that when I have time I prefer to make my own dough using a basic pizza dough recipe. It does take a bit of planning ahead of time though, as the dough takes an hour or more to set before it can be used and I unfortunately didn't have any ready made frozen dough.
BBQ Chicken & Bacon Pizza
- 2 pizza bases
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 chicken breast (approximately 200 g). I used some leftovers from the barbecue chicken.
- 4 slices of bacon
- 50 g of grated cheddar cheese
- 50 g of grated mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Place two baking sheets in the oven.
- If you do not have the tomato sauce prepared, follow these steps, if you already have it, start directly in step 13.
- Finely chop the onion and mash the garlic.
- Heat half the olive oil (½ tablespoon) in a saucepan and add the chopped onion.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- After these 5 minutes, add the garlic, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, white wine vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes until all the liquid has reduced, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce is reducing if you need to cook the chicken, cut it into small pieces.
- Heat the remaining olive oil (½ tablespoon) in a skillet and add the chicken. Brown for a few minutes and then add the bacon.
- Cook the chicken and bacon for another 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Lay the pizza bases on parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the two pizza bases.
- Over the tomato sauce, distribute the chicken and bacon.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Take the trays out of the oven and place the pizza bases together with the parchment paper or silicone sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until you see that the edges and cheese are already golden.
The preparation time, the cooking time and the total time of the chicken bacon pizza recipe, it is assuming that you are using prepared doughs / bases, then the preparation time is 10 minutes, the cooking time is 45 and the total time is 55 minutes.