This recipe for sweet and sour chicken with vegetables It's super easy to make and will be ready in less than 20 minutes, so get ready more than fast, flying. It is a very healthy and very tasty dish.
Surely when they try it they will remember the food of a Chinese restaurant, which the whole family likes, but it will always have that homemade touch that will make it very special.
There are already several friends who have suggested that I make a "take away" with this recipe for them but I went for the variant of teaching them how to make this delicious sweet and sour chicken with vegetables.
Other easy-to-make chicken recipes >> Pizza with chicken and bacon
Although the recipe has a lot of sugar, it has few calories, also instead of coating the chicken and frying it, I simply wrapped it in wheat flour and fried it little by little in very little olive oil, which gives it a lovely flavor and texture without be too heavy.
Sweet and sour chicken with vegetables
This recipe for sweet and sour chicken with vegetables it is very easy to do and will be ready in less than 20 minutes. It is a very healthy and very tasty dish.
- 450 g of chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium carrot
For the sweet and sour sauce
- 120 ml apple or cider vinegar
- 90 g brown sugar
- 1 small can (approx. 220 g) of pineapple chunks in their juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Sweet and sour sauce
- Put all the sauce ingredients (the vinegar, the brown sugar, the pineapple with the juice and the soy sauce), except the cornstarch, in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it starts to boil.
- In a cup, dilute the cornstarch in two or three tablespoons of the sauce you are making.
- Pour it into the saucepan and stir until it thickens.
- Rectify the salt.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and reserve the sauce.
Chicken with vegetables
- Cut the chicken breasts into medium pieces, which are 3 cm or so.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and sprinkle the wheat flour over the breast pieces, turning them until they are completely covered in the flour.
- Cut the red and green bell peppers into small strips.
- Peel and cut the carrot into thin slices.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add the chicken pieces and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure that it cooks evenly.
- Add the peppers and carrot slices and cook for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables have softened a bit.
- Add the sauce to the saucepan, stir and leave it on the heat until the sauce is hot.
- Serve hot.
To make it a perfect dish you can accompany it with white rice and decorate it with a little chives, cut very small.