My mother prepared very often, when I was little, chowder at family meals. With what is one of those dishes that always brings back fond memories of my childhood.
In addition to the fact that this fish soup is a simple and very tasty dish to prepare, it is ideal for these dates when a soup is more than helpful, to combat the low temperatures of winter.
For these cold days, I want to suggest that you prepare a chowder very simple but with a lot of flavor. I give you the amounts for ten people, but you can cut them in half to make a smaller amount to serve soup for a family with fewer members.
This is a first course that you should take into account since it is quick to prepare and its cost is low. Bearing in mind that we are talking about a dish "for cold days", I think it must be in our fund of special recipes to brighten the palate of ours.
How to easily prepare fish soup
Ingredients for 10 people)
- 3 kg of fish for soup
- 750 gr prawns
- 500 gr mussels
- 200 gr clams
- 1 cebolla
- 1 leek
- 3 small tomatoes
- ½ fennel bulb
- 4 liters of water
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley
- 100 gr wheat semolina
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the prawns and reserve the heads and skins.
- Keep the bodies in the fridge for later use.
- Put a splash of olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the leek, fennel and onion, which you will have finely chopped.
- Add a pinch of salt and wait for the vegetables to soften.
- Then add the chopped tomato and wait for it to sauté well. Don't be in a hurry. The more concentrated the sauce is, the more flavor the soup will have. It will take you about ten minutes over medium heat to have the sauce at its ideal point.
- Add the heads and skins of the prawns to the casserole and squeeze them with the help of a spatula.
- When the shrimp skins have changed color to red and you have squeezed out their flavor, discard them.
- Add all the chopped fish to the pan and cover with the water.
- Add the white wine and the parsley sprigs and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, the foam that forms while the broth cooks.
- As the broth cooks, you can steam the clams and mussels. For this, put a finger of water in a saucepan and bring it to the fire. When the water begins to boil, add the mussels and cover. Wait a minute for everyone to open. Remove from heat and remove the meats from the shells.
- Repeat the process with the clams.
- When you have the fish stock ready, remove it from the heat and strain it.
- With the help of a pestle or a wooden dowel, crush all the fish in a large strainer to extract its flavor.
- Once you have strained all the fish stock, add the wheat semolina and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Put the soup to a pinch of salt and add the bodies of the chopped prawns.
- Cook 5 more minutes.
- Arrange the mussels and clams on the plates and serve the soup.
Try to distribute the prawns evenly, so that absolutely no one complains!
As you can see, although its preparation will take you more than 1 hour, this time is worth it; as there will be a delicious and nutritious plate of chowder.
If you liked this fish soup recipe, share it on social networks with your friends. Surely they also want to taste such a delicious recipe.