Table of Contents
La roast porkWe normally do not eat it in quantities or frequently because of its high content of saturated fat. But if when we consume it, we remove all the fat it has, there is no doubt that it is an exquisite meat.
If the purple potatoes are also added to the preparation, the taste and finish of this dish will not leave diners indifferent. It can be a dish for you to make when you have a visit from friends, as it allows you to cook it beforehand and heat it up when you eat.
We have made this recipe with the pork ribs, but it can also be done with other parts where only the dough is. It is a very practical recipe when we are thinking of making a barbecue or when we only want to serve some snacks or tapas, without constituting a meal.
Other recipes with pork >> Rice with pork
It is a very easy recipe to prepare. This time we have thought it for four people. In the supposed case that there are fewer people, you can divide the amount of ingredients in half and if there are more then multiply it.
It is important that you keep in mind that the shallot is a kind of onion a little smaller than the normal ones and with a slightly sweeter flavor. So if you don't have it, you can substitute it for any type of onion you have at home.
How to make honey roast pork with shallots and purple potatoes
- Pork chops (eight or so ribs)
- 200 g of purple potatoes
- 200 g red potato
- 100 g of flower honey
- 100 g shallots
- 2 mandarins
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Ground black pepper
How to make honey roast pork
- We clean the ribs well, removing the excess fat.
- We preheat the oven to a temperature of 200ºC.
- We peel the shallots, but do not cut them, we leave them whole.
- We do the same with the mandarins, leaving the segments clean.
- We peel and wash the potatoes and then cook them in salted water for about 15 minutes.
- We let the boiled potatoes cool and we reserve them.
- Sauté the shallots.
- Season the ribs with the salt and black pepper.
- We place the ribs on a baking tray and spread the honey on them.
- We add the shallots and tangerines.
- Once in the oven, we put a bit of water on the tray so that the meat does not dry out and remain juicy.
- Lower the oven temperature to 160ºC and bake for 30 minutes.
- Every so often you pour the juice that forms on the tray over the ribs.
- Check after this time and if they are still not well cooked we put them back in the oven adding again the juice of the sauce on the ribs.
- Once the baking is finished, the sauce will have a texture very similar to that of caramel.
- Remove from the oven and slice the ribs.
- Serve with the potatoes that we previously cooked.
- Pour the sauce together with the shallots and the mandarin orange segments, over the meat and potatoes.
As I mentioned at the beginning of the article, this recipe can be used with other cuts of pork or other types of meats.
The honey roasted pork with shallots and purple potatoesIt is very easy and fast to make, if we compare it with other recipes of greater complexity in its preparation.
If you liked it, share it on social networks with your friends. Spreading it can help others have a successful dinner party. Helping is always the best option.