In today's article I want to share with you how to prepare a quick and wonderful Fresh prawn starter with arugula It will also serve you perfectly for a dinner or as a delicious canapé for a party. Actually the only job it takes is to cook the prawns and remove the shell, the rest is to "assemble" the appetizer.
Those who follow my blog already know that I love to bring a good meal to the table but that it also stands out in its presentation. As I wanted this starter to be something minimalist but colorful, I decided to serve a prawn with a little mayonnaise on top, but to make it a bit more elegant, I put some arugula leaves on top of the mini toast.
As I did not want it to be the traditional prawn cocktail from the 70s with pink sauce and iceberg lettuce, what I did was vary in the ingredients and in its preparation, but believe me that without a doubt, when you have tried the first prawn, you will want to eat them everybody.
Other recipes with prawns easy to make >> Spicy spaghetti with prawns
I served them individually as a canapé for a party, but if you want to take it to the table as a starter, you can prepare them in a platter and have each person serve himself.
Fresh prawn starter with arugula
This quick and wonderful Fresh prawn starter with arugulaIt will also serve you perfectly for a dinner or as a delicious canapé for a party.
- 12 prawns
- 24 rocket leaves
- 12 mini toasts
- 12 lime wedges
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, add the prawns.
- Let them boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cooked prawns and immediately transfer them to a container with cold water, plenty of ice and salt.
- Peel the prawns.
- Place a couple of arugula leaves on a mini toast.
- Put a lemon wedge on top of the arugula and then place the peeled shrimp on top of the lemon.
- Add a little mayonnaise in the center of the shrimp (if you want to make it more elegant you can put the mayonnaise in a pastry bag with a star nozzle and make a small flower).
- Sprinkle with a little pepper.
- Repeat until you have done all 12 prawns.