Table of Contents
Today we bring you a light and healthy recipe: an exquisite recipe for baked turbot, you will surely like it. This fish requires very few supplements to achieve a fabulous result.
The turbot is a semi-fat fish that, due to its texture, flavor and its simple digestion, fits into the diet of people with a fragile stomach. It is also ideal for people who are overweight. Of course this is, as long as the fatty seasonings are not abused. It has an intermediate content of proteins of high biological value.
Its content in B2, B3 and B12 is not very relevant compared to that of other fish and even less if it is equated with edibles rich in these nutrients. But in compensation, vitamin B9, present in a greater quantity than in most fish, deserves special mention. This vitamin is sensitive to heat, so its presence is significantly reduced when cooked.
With regard to minerals, potassium stands out, a moderate contribution of phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and iron. Potassium is necessary for the nervous system and muscular activity, and it is also involved in the balance of water inside and outside the cell. Phosphorus is present in bones and teeth, it intervenes in the nervous system, in muscular activity and in energy production processes.
Iron is necessary for the production of hemoglobin, a protein that carries oxygen to cells and its convenient supply prevents anemia.
Other recipes made with fish >> Fish soup
Compared with the rest of fish, this one has a moderate sodium content (110 mg per 100 g). However, if it is compared with other foods rich in this mineral such as cheeses (500/1000 mg per 100 g) or with canned fish themselves (500/800 mg per 100 g), it is observed that the amount of sodium present in turbot is not so relevant.
How to easily make the baked turbot recipe
- 1 turbot of approximately 2 kg
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 cebolla
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 lemon
How to prepare the baked turbot recipe
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slightly thick slices, about 1cm.
- In a saucepan with water and a pinch of salt, bring the potatoes to a boil to ensure that they will be well cooked at the end of baking.
- We remove them and drain them before they are completely soft.
- Brush the mold in which you are going to bake the fish with olive oil.
- Place the semi-cooked potatoes in the bottom of the pan.
- Peel the onion and cut it into rings.
- Distribute the rings over the potatoes.
- Pour in half of the white wine.
- Place the turbot on top of the onions.
- We cut the lemon into slices.
- Insert a slice in the cut of the fish's belly and reserve the others for the final decoration.
- Drizzle with the rest of the white wine and a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake the turbot for an hour.
- If during this time you see that it has run out of liquid, pour a little water into the mold.
- Remove the foil and continue baking another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
I have chosen this recipe from baked turbot it is very simple to prepare. Ideal to enjoy with friends or family in any celebration worth its salt. Haven't you tried turbot? What are you waiting for, with this recipe you have no apologies.
If you liked this article, do not stop share it on social media with your friends.